Safely liberate your periods with our Sehana Period Disc.
All the benefits of using a Malaya Cup, without the cup! If the period cup is not for you, the disc is the next best thing. It also comes in two sizes that can cater to every Filipina!
Mess-Free Intercourse. Get kinky in bed even on days in red! We can guarantee a great night without a bloody ending while wearing a Sehana Disc.
Safe & Sustainable. Sehana Disc is guaranteed U.S. FDA Certified and is made of 100% medical-grade silicone. It is designed to last up to 5 years of continuous use.
Comfortable & Reliable. Designed for the average Asian vagina. It collects your flow without the suction effect of a cup!
Fewer Cramps & Less Dryness. Compared to a cup, a disc’s body is 10x more flexible and has less contact with your vaginal canal.
Our Sehana Disc has the thinnest yet toughest medical-grade silicone body that will not break even on the roughest of nights.
Now you can truly be free even during your periods.
FLOW: Light to Heavy Flow
TIME USE: 8hrs (can be extended up to 12hrs)
DISC FIRMNESS: Firm Average
COMPONENTS: 100% Medical Grade Silicone
Our Sehana Disc has certification under US-FDA, ISO 10993, ISO 13485, RoHS, REACH, and SGS. It is made of 100% medical-grade silicone imported from Wacker (Germany). Sehana Disc can be reused for up to 5 years.
Period discs are generally safe to use. Although there are some risks, they are considered minimal and unlikely to occur when the disc is used as recommended. If you experience any untoward reaction, please discontinue using and contact your healthcare provider. If you have any medical concerns before usage, please consult your doctor first. If you know you are allergic to silicone or latex, please do not attempt to use our cups or discs.
Note: We strictly implement no exchange policy due to hygienic purposes.
1. How to Insert Remove the Disc?
GENERAL GUIDELINES: Make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean and the disc has been sterilized. Find your comfortable position. It may be sitting, standing, squatting, etc. Lubricate or moisten the disc if needed.Hold the disc lengthwise, gripping the middle. This makes the rim as thin as possible. The rim is the firmest part of the disc.
Insert the disc into the vagina obliquely with the open side facing upward. If most of the disc is inserted, gently push the disc upward into its proper position.
Your goal is to let the disc sit and rest in between the cervix and the pubic bone. With the use of your index finger, you can prop the rim up behind the pubic bone to keep the disc in place.
Once properly in place, protection can last up to 12 hours. But we recommend proactively emptying at least every 6-8 hours (depending on your flow). It is so comfortable to wear, you might even forget that you’re on your period!
Removal is easy. Just use your index finger to hook the rim of the disc out of its resting position behind the pubic bone. Then gently pull it out of your vagina and empty the contents into the toilet.
PRO TIP: Bear down slightly to help it dislodge from its resting position.
Caution: One downside of the disc is it is may be messy to remove. Make sure you are in a safe place to let some of your flow out.
Now, you can truly be free even during your periods.
A menstrual disc is specifically designed to catch your period flow without blocking your vagina like menstrual cups. A disc is positioned just below the cervical opening, making room for clean or mess-free sexual intercourse even during your heavy flow days.
4. Is it safe to use?
Menstrual discs are generally safe to use. Although there are some risks, they are considered minimal and unlikely to occur when the disc is used as recommended.
NOTE: If you experience any untoward reaction, please discontinue using and contact your health care provider. If you have any medical concerns before usage, please consult your doctor first. If you know you are allergic to silicone or latex, please do not attempt to use a cup or disc.
5. How to sanitize my disc?
There are 4 ways you can sanitize your disc:
Note: Remember to rinse the disc first under clean running water removing all the menstrual blood.
- By steeping in recently boiled water for 5 mins - you can pop your disc inside the included collapsible sterilizer cup.
- In the microwave - same method as above but to keep the temperature up, you can place this inside the microwave and bake it for no more than 5 mins. Just make sure the disc is inside the collapsible sterilizer cup filled with water.
- In boiling water - you can also leave the disc in boiling water for 5 mins. CAUTION: Do not let the disc come in contact with any metal heating elements (like the sides of the pot) as this can damage the silicone. Place the disc inside a rubber/silicone whisk for this method. Make sure the disc is fully submerged.
- For optimum silicone care with maximum antimicrobial effect, we highly recommend our Hanan Electric Sterilizer. This utilizes steam technology to conveniently and effectively sanitize any silicone menstrual product.
- Note: If you happen to use mild soap for cleaning, make sure you thoroughly rinse the disc to avoid any irritation this might cause. An organic & anti-microbial soap like our HER All-natural Cleanser is highly recommended.
6. When should I sterilize my disc?
Before use: You should sanitize your disc before using with either of the methods above.
Emptying & reinsertion: Every 8-12 hours of use, or as needed, you should empty the disc and reinsert it to continue with your day. But if you don't have the time and resources available, just rinsing it with clean running water should have no problems for reinsertion. Just make sure you sterilize again the disc with the methods in FAQ #7 at least every after a whole day of use.
Before Storing: It is certainly a plus if you can use an organic, anti-microbial soap to further clean your product. An organic & anti-microbial soap like our HER All-natural Cleanser is highly recommended if the disc is now for storage—ready for your next period.
7. Is it safe to use for women with no experience with sexual intercourse ("virgins")?
Yes. As per medical standards and definitions, the use of these kinds of period products does not affect our "virginity" as women. This is not, and should not, be a reason to stop you from experiencing the benefits of these life-changing period products.
8. Can I get internal injuries by using these types of products?
As for our period products, your health is our top priority. We have specifically made all of our products free from any kind of hard-edge or grooves that can harm our delicate reproductive system.
9. How can I know the right size for me?
You can follow the flowchart below: